Winter has arrived! And the good news is...
And the good news is ... Aussie rules is back! ( albeit without spectators.) And state governments are all beginning to carefully ease COVID- 19 restrictions.
And please remember it’s so important to continue to look after your general health and wellbeing.
Dr. Joseph Ferraro our registered Acupuncturist and qualified Naturopath at spine health & stability is here to help you and your family. He has been professionally helping patients for over 20 years. He will individually assess you and is dedicated to finding the cause of your condition and then assisting you in a holistic and informed manner.
Now that Winter has arrived, you’re probably thinking of supporting your immune function.
There is a lot of information online regarding supplements and substances that claim to boost immune function. The trouble is that a lot of this is simply general information, and it doesn't take any of your particular health needs or concerns into consideration.
As a trained Naturopath I use my knowledge and perform due diligence to assess which if any supplements and lifestyle changes suit you and your particular set of health needs. For example : Are you sensitive or allergic to certain foods or substances? Are you on prescribed medications? Or do you have particular health concerns or conditions? Please seek professional advice from a Naturopath, GP, or pharmacist and discuss your individual health situation before purchasing or taking supplements.
Finally, here are some Winter health tips!
· Reduce stress – being stressed reduces immune system function, so make sure you incorporate regular time-out, meditation and/or ‘green’ time, such as walking outdoors or playing with pets
· Enjoy regular exercise
· Sleep – aim for 7 to 8 hours each night to restore energy and increase resilience
· Eat your vegies and fruit – at least three cups of fresh vegetables and/or salad, plus two serves of fresh fruit every day! Fill your plate with a rainbow of colour to ensure an abundance of essential nutrients and other antioxidants that will help support healthy immune system cells
· Regularly wash your hands – simple soap and warm water helps reduce cross-contamination.
· Cough and sneeze hygiene is important. Cough or sneeze into your elbow or if using a tissue then bin it. And then, either way... wash your hands with soap and water.
Joseph is available Monday to Friday for consultation.
Please ask reception or call on 9852-3044 to make an in clinic appointment or let reception know if you would like a telephone or Zoom Naturopathic consultation.